Here is a list of frequently asked questions (FAQs) about our service.

Who can access the service?

Our service is for adults (aged 18 and over) who live in the Bradford, Airedale and Wharfedale and Craven areass and/or are registered with a GP in those areas. To access Bradford and Craven Autism AIM, you must have little or no funded support.

Do you work with children?

Unfortunately, our service is only funded to work with adults. Information on services for children in Bradford and Craven is available at these links:

Which areas do you cover?

We cover the whole of the City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council area, as well as the former Craven District Council area in North Yorkshire.

This includes Bradford, Keighley, Shipley, Skipton, Bingley, Baildon, Ilkley, Settle, Steeton, Silsden, Grassington and Haworth.

I don’t live in Bradford and Craven but do live in a neighbouring local authority. Am I allowed to access your services?

Sadly, we are unable to support people living outside of our area. It is due to the way in which our service is funded. However, we would aim to give you information/signposting if we were aware of services local to you.

If you are in Leeds, our Leeds Autism AIM service has its’ own peer support and Health Access Project.

Do I need to make a referral to access your service?

Yes. This is to make sure that we offer you the support you would like from our service. It also helps us to know how many people we are working with and what we are providing to them.

To attend our Autism Hub, you would also need to make a referral for that.

Do you have any autistic people working for your service?

We do. Most of our staff team are autistic, whilst our service is co-led by autistic adults.

Skip to content